9:05 PM

What's your choice?

|

For some reason I felt like I had a lousy day today. For starters, I missed my bus even though I got to my bus stop earlier than usual. The other alternatives I had, never showed up. I ended up riding 30 kms in chaotic traffic. I had a heated argument with my mom who raised safety concerns about riding to work. She had heard about some neighbor who passed away in an accident. Apparently a truck went over him, killing him on the spot. My deepest condolences to his family. I'm sure that the vivid graphic description that the aunties around must have given her is more gory than the actual incident. I tried to reason that there are millions of ppl riding bikes in Bangalore and the accident was very unfortunate. Even then, statistically it is not even one in a million; it's less than 1 ppm. So the risk is acceptable. I reached office and called her to put her at ease. It's not that I don't understand. But so much of concern which is actually impractical pisses me off. I donno what I'll be like when I'm a parent! Work was uneventful. Had to deal with a lot of stuff; more clerical and less technical. I got bored to the extent that I was thinking of applying a half day leave and getting back home. But then again had I done that, no matter whichever way I explain, mom would never believe that I got home coz of boredom. So I ditched the idea and managed to survive the day. I fought with the traffic again on my way back home and retired to bed early. In fact too early. It's just 9 and I'm tucked in. That's waaaay too early from my standards.



I'm trying to think what went wrong. I was my normal self when I woke up. But what happened between waking up and the time that I got upset? Frankly.... nothing! The small arguments, missing my bus, Bangalore traffic, occasionally getting bored in office....none of these are new. I always put up with it. If anything most of these were better than normal today. So what is the actual reason? It was me myself. I chose to look at the negatives and ignore the positives totally. I chose to have a bad day. It was just the day before yesterday that I was chatting with a friend who was upset without a reason. I had argued that nobody gets upset without a reason. But I went through the exact same thing today. I unconsciously submitted to the idea I guess. What does one do in such situations? The easiest solution is to stop trying to find a reason and the mood resets itself to normalcy. Too late for that now.


Well, the day is gone and tomorrow's a brand new day. People who are accustomed of seeing me online at ungodly hours are in for a shock today. It's a pity that none of them would know the reason.


Cheers!






1 comments:

'S' said...

Again...very well written...happens to eveybody....but I like the way you put it..
And you know what....I think your mom is right...bikes should be avoided...