11:40 AM

13B – A ‘watchable’ movie

|

Sleepless, without internet connectivity or power I had nothing better to do than to watch a movie - 13B… A horror / thriller by definition. I find the concept of a horror movie more terrifying the movie itself; A fear that is supported by movies like Phoonk, Darna zaroori hai etc etc. 13B was an exception to my belief. The movie is different and is one of those offbeat movies (something like Johnny Gaddar or Bheja Fry) that appeal more to ppl like me who are not die-hard fans of mainstream cinema. The cinematography is quite raw and it is almost as if someone has shot it with a Handycam. (Or was it because I watched a pirated copy?) Although the story is a bit ’supernatural’ in nature and has many inconsistencies in the plot, the movie is quite good. Overall it is an enjoyable movie.

The headphones added to the effect of the movie. It is quite scary at some parts…especially with ppl screaming suddenly. Imagine me sitting in pitch darkness watching the movie all alone, with headphones on… the best possible way to watch the movie (or get a heart attack!)

Anyway, my favourite character in the movie is Madhavan’s wife….
Neetu Chanda. She’s cute, quite lively and situationally naughty. My kinda girl ;)

The scariest part of the movie was…… a phone call that I received around midnight from a friend. The phone was in vibration mode under my pillow. The buzzing scared the shit out of me.

To the person who called……You can wipe that smirk off your face… I get scared too! Thanks to the special effects, I actually had to stop the movie and switch to Sienfeld. I finished the movie the next day in broad daylight!


Cheers!

0 comments: