7:19 AM

Men of Steel - 1

|

The preface and the snapshot on the rear cover of the book arose enough interest in me to venture into the first chapter even though it was 2 in the morning. Only 3 hours later did I realise what a mistake that was. The book was so captivating that I had swept through it in one shot at the cost of my sleep. No regrets though. I would have written about it yesterday itself. But I decided to catch up on the sleep that I had missed reading the book ;)

The book was just what it said…”India’s business leaders in candid conversation with Vir Sanghvi”. A perfect blend of the personal lives of the businessmen, a brief history of their company(ies) highlighting their individual contributions or accomplishments and an honorary mention of essential numbers. It’s Vir Sanghvi’s take on 11 peoples’ profiles: Ratan Tata, Nandan Nilekani, Kumar M Birla, Sunil Mittal, R Chandrasekhar, Azim Premji, Subhash Chandra, Uday Kotak, Bikki Oberoi, Nusli Wadia, Vijay Mallya (not in that order). All these articles were published in Hindustan Times, Mumbai Edition between Jul ’05 and Jan ’06 under the HT Leadership Series. It’s a shame that the online portal of HT doesn’t give free access to it’s archives like others do. However I found links of some of the articles. I thought of mentioning only a few profiles that caught my fancy.

Today my impatience seems to have total control over me. Am in no mood to continue further.

But I leave you with these links.
http://www.indiareacts.com/columns/full_column7.htm
http://www.indiareacts.com/columns/full_column5.htm

Cheers!


0 comments: